Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Nighttime Beauty Ritual







Okay, so every night, or so I try, I have my own beauty regiment.  It is beyond important to wash your face every night.  Not only does it give your skin a chance to repair and breathe while you rest, it is also important to wash away the pollution and impurities your skin collects throughout the day!  This is, from start to finish the products I use every night before getting my beauty rest ;)

1.  Removing eye makeup.  I do this first, so that I don't have mascara and eyeshadow running down my face while washing.  I use Almay's Oil Free Eye Makeup remover.  I love it because it doesn't leave my eyes oily like some others I have tried before.  Plus it has aloe, cucumber and green tea to help soothe the sensitive skin on my eyelids!

2. Washing and exfoliating.  Okay, so I know that you're supposed to "exfoliate 3 times per week", but I found this Tea Tree Oil Exfoliating Facial Cleanser and it is not harsh at all on my skin!  I do use a much stronger type of exfoliating wash every once in awhile, but this stuff is awesome.  It smells great and takes care of keeping my skin blemish free and soothes red spots!

3. Toner.  I never really understood the idea of what toner was all about.  But I knew it was an important step.  So I decided to buy this stuff, mostly because I was using witch hazel at the time (which isn't a bad thing to use as an astringent).  I love LOVE this stuff! I got the Seaweed Clarifying Toner.  I use it to remove what my face wash didn't, plus, I love how it tingles on my face for a bit and how clean it leaves my skin feeling.


4.  Moisturize.  Now I know pretty much everything I've talked about is from the Body Shop, but these are products I stand by and love!  The last one is my Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream.  I happen to use this day and night.  It balances the ph on my skin so I don't end up having overly oily skin nor dry skin for that matter.  It smells great, it isn't greasy and keeps my skin hydrated!  I also try and have a glass of water about 2 hours before going to bed! 

There you have it!  Hopefully some of these products will inspire you to create your own night time ritual!  Not everyone uses the same products or does the same things, but find what works for you and try to stay at it.  It is all about trial and error, so keep it up and sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment