Thursday, July 5, 2012

Beauty DIY: Cleaning Make-Up Brushes!

Quick and efficient...Wet Ones/Equate Version!

Gather your make up brushes!

Rub brushes against facial cloth until rubs clean.

Lay flat your newly happy and clean make up brushes!  Hooray :)



Something so simple and highly important but overlooked is cleaning your make-up brushes!  Ask yourself, "when was the last time I cleaned my brushes?".  If you can't remember, this is a simple, on the spot trick that I actually found from Jen at From Head to Toe.  She's a make-up artist and I thought this was a brilliant easy quick cleaning trick that I thought I could pass along!

For a deeper clean I would suggest getting an antibacterial hand soap or dish soap as she uses, the facial cleaning wipes I got were antibacterial but sometimes our brushes need a deeper clean!  Not only is it important, we are keeping those germs off our faces!  I would recommend deep cleaning your brushes at least once a week and spot clean every other day!

2 comments:

  1. I actually JUST started doing this. The lady at the Bobbi Brown counter said that there was no need to buy the really expensive cleaners and told me about this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Yea, no need wasting money when you can do something super simple at home !

      Delete