Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Beauty Review: NYC Skin Matching Foundation



On a whim, I decided to try NYC's Skin Matching Foundation.  It cost $3.74, which I bought at Wal-mart.  The reason...I wanted to test out a cheaper skin matching foundation to see how well it did.

Day one of wearing it, I thought, wow this isn't too bad!  I liked that it actually did even out my skin tone and blended fairly well!  However, day two and day three, I became unimpressed.  This foundation is not oil-free, which is something I look for in a foundation because I already have oily type skin.  So by the end of the second day into the third day of wearing it, my skin ended up being so shiny/oily that I felt gross.  If you have combination/oily skin, I would not recommend getting a foundation that isn't oil-free, however if you have fairly dry skin, this wouldn't be a bad match.

While it isn't a bad drug store version of some of the pricier skin matching foundations, it's definitely not my favorite and I won't be using it again, unless I run out of my usual and don't have time to get more.

No comments:

Post a Comment